What is social prescribing?
A lot of things can affect your physical and mental health, such as finances, work, school, family, friends, or your situation at home.
Social prescribing is a way for you to get guidance, help and support from organisations in your area. They'll be able to help you deal with any difficulties you have, including feeling lonely or struggling to afford food.
How we can help you with your mental and physical health
We aim to connect you to local community groups and statutory services for practical and emotional support through the Our Rochdale Helpline team. We can help you to get the support and advice you need to keep your life on track and become more active and involved in your community.
Some of the ways we can help you improve your health and wellbeing include:
- Accessing services, or understanding how to access services.
- Helping you to meet people or to get out and about.
- Finding local social activities, for example, lunch clubs and friendship groups.
- Accessing support groups for anxiety, health, mindfulness, bereavement, physical activity, and more.
- Giving online tools and resources.
- Improving health and wellbeing.
How to access social prescribing
You can register yourself or someone you know for social prescribing using our online form, and we'll call you back.
You can also phone us using the contact details on this page.