- Licence name
- Hairdressing licence
Find out about hairdressing registration, how to register, what conditions you need to meet and more.
- Do I need to register my business?
If you run a hairdressing business in Rochdale borough, you need to register with us.
- How to apply
Please complete the application form below and return it to us using the details on the form.
- Conditions to meet
You'll need to comply with local health and safety rules.
You may be required to have a copy of the certificate of registration and copies of our byelaws displayed on your premises. We can make byelaws for hairdressers and barbers relating to the following:
- Ensuring the premises are sufficiently clean, lit and ventilated.
- Detailing precautions to be made in relation to protecting against contamination or infection
- Ensuring that anyone employed in such a business has sufficient training on how to use tools and apparatus and for hygienic working methods.
- To require insurance to be in place against third party liabilities.
- Does tacit consent apply?
No. It is in the public interest that we must process your application before it can be granted.
If you have not heard from us within a reasonable period, please contact us using the link below.
- Validity and renewals
Your registration will last for as long as you work in this area and will cover you and the premises you work in.
- Appeals, complaints and redress
If your application is unsuccessful, please contact us in the first instance.
We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form of a letter (with proof of delivery).
If that has not worked and you're located in the UK, Consumer Direct will give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.
- Contact us