We're required under section 52 of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998 to prepare a budget outturn statement after the end of that financial year.
View the outturn statements
We’re working towards getting the latest outturn statements added to this page. In the interim, if you require copies of any statements please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can view the outturn statements for our schools dating back to the 2005-2006 financial year.
Purpose of outturn statements
The statement is intended to:
- Provide schools, parents and others with an interest in education with details about school funding and expenditure
- Provide data for the Departmental Annual Report (DAR)
- Help us create and maintain policies
- Be used by the Treasury for monitoring purposes
- Inform Parliament in its role of monitoring the Department’s accountability for public funds. MPs ask about school and authority expenditure via the mechanisms of Parliamentary Questions or through the Education Select Committee.
It's important that school forums and others have finance data available to them to inform the debate about differing levels of expenditure between us and schools. It's therefore essential that all statements are prepared in a common format.
Content of outturn statements
Outturn statements must be presented in 4 parts, giving the following information for the year in question:
- Summary Table - this table captures information relating to the spending of the Dedicated Schools Grant.
- Table A - this table gives information about either our budget or the school's budget according to the descriptions in Budget Table 1 on the financial statement.
- Youth Service Annex - this relates to the expenditure of our Youth Service. The annex provides a further breakdown of expenditure shown at line 95 of Table A.
- Table B - this table is School level information. It provides a summary of individual schools’ expenditure in respect of the financial year in question.