Insurance claims

How to make a claim

Compensation claims against Rochdale Borough Council must be made in writing and signed by the person making the claim. This is called a letter of claim.

To make a claim:

  1. Your letter of claim to us must include the basic information listed on these pages - this depends on what your claim is about.
  2. Email your letter of claim to us either by email to or in the post to Insurance Department, Number One Riverside, Smith Street, Rochdale OL16 1XU.
  3. Once we receive your letter of claim, we'll forward it to our external claim handlers and insurers who will respond in due course. Your information may also be passed onto our external brokers, insurance solicitors and barristers.

Find out how we use your personal information in our privacy notice.