Register a birth

Don't miss out on Child Benefit

Information about Child Benefit and how to claim can be found on GOV.UK.

For your first child, this must be printed out, filled in and sent to the Child Benefit Office using the details on the form. If you don't have access to a printer, you can call 0300 200 3100 and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) will send you a form in the post.

The form also contains information for the small minority of families who may be eligible for the High-Income Child Benefit Charge (HICBC). If you already have a Child Benefit claim, you can add further children by calling HMRC on the number above.