Apply for medals or awards for Armed Forces personnel

Apply for a medal, award or badge

​Medals are only issued by the Ministry of Defence (MOD) Medal Office and can be claimed retrospectively and by next of kin.

There are a number of different medals awarded by the MOD to those who are currently serving in the armed forces and veterans

View types of medals, who can apply and how

Help applying for a medal

The following organisations can help you apply for a medal or honour: