Safeguarding adults at risk

Report abuse or concerns

You may be concerned about adult abuse because someone has told you something.

You may have seen or heard something that makes you feel uncomfortable or uneasy about the care of an adult.

We have a responsibility to take your concerns seriously. We'll listen to you and help to stop the abuse.

If you suspect someone is being abused, please report it:

  1. Get in touch with Adult Care Services using the contact details on this page.
  2. You'll be asked for basic information about yourself, or about the person you are concerned about.
  3. We'll ask what has happened to you or what you have been told, heard, seen or suspect.
  4. You'll be asked to give your name so that you can be kept informed. Your name will not be shared without your permission.

Other organisations where you can get help

In addition to reporting safeguarding concerns to us, you can also contact:

  • Greater Manchester Police - 0161 872 5050
  • Emergency Social Work Team (out of hours) - 0300 303 8875
  • You could share your concerns with a doctor, nurse, health worker, housing officer or advice centre and ask them to contact Social Services for you