About the festival
Taking inspiration from the borough's rich heritage whilst remaining focused on the future, you’ll be able to experience more than 20 events. These include visual arts, music, live performances, thought-provoking talks, interactive installations, a blend of hands-on and digital programming and more, as originality and imagination are celebrated.
The festival will take place over 6 days.
- Start date: Monday, 4 March 2024
- End date: Saturday, 9 March 2024
- Location: Rochdale Town Hall will be one of a host of festival venues across the borough
Some events require free tickets and can be booked online. Most events don't require booking. Please check individual event listings to avoid disappointment.
Monday–Saturday, 4–9 March 2024
Wednesday, 6 March 2024
Wednesday–Saturday, 6–9 March 2024
Thursday, 7 March 2023
Saturday, 9 March 2024
Saturday, 9 March 2024
The festival will be showcasing ideas homegrown in the borough around the themes of imagine, create and discover.
A series of fun, open and engaging sessions designed for talks, discussion and exchanging ideas, held in some of the borough’s more unusual spaces.
Locations, times and details to be confirmed.
- Monday Morning Motivation: start your morning off on the right foot with bite size positive messages and motivations.
- Future Green Spaces: how can we help embrace nature back into our everyday? Discover, learn and reimagine with local organisations and artists what we can do to make our future as green as possible.
- AI and the Artist: what’s real and what’s not? Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a technological resource which can reimagine and create in seconds - but what are the implications for the arts? This is an open conversation about AI technology, what are the opportunities for your creativity and what is the impact on creative industries?
- A Young People's Utopia: working with 5 schools from across the borough of Rochdale, this talk will be led by young people as they share their ideas of what they can imagine for the future and what places like Rochdale could be like in the future.
Friday, 9 February 2024
Thursday, 18 January 2024
Tuesday, 5 December 2023
Rochdale Borough Festival of Ideas will be staged by the council, produced by Outdoor Places Unusual Spaces Ltd and supported by The Culture Co-op. It has received government funding through the Shared Prosperity Fund, Arts Council England, Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) Cultural Development Fund.
The re-launched Rochdale Town Hall will be one of a host of venues across the borough. Its major restoration has been funded by The National Lottery Heritage Fund and Rochdale Borough Council.
Events and activities are not organised by Rochdale Borough Council unless stated otherwise. Neither is Rochdale Borough Council responsible for the accuracy of the information provided. If you are under 18, ask your parent/guardian before taking part in any event or activity.