There are 2 main species of cockroach in Britain. They are:
- The oriental cockroach, which is dark brown and about 30mm long.
- The German cockroach, which is yellowish-brown and about 12mm long.
Book pest control treatment for cockroaches
We offer domestic and commercial pest control treatment for cockroaches.
To book treatment:
- Check our pest control treatment prices.
- Call us to arrange a call-out or to book treatment.
Where do cockroaches live?
Cockroaches are generally found indoors in areas such as cellars, basements, kitchens or heating ducts. The oriental cockroach can also survive outdoors.
Cockroaches will often remain hidden during the day using cracks and crevices. This means that they may not be noticeable during daylight hours.
Cockroaches can climb smooth vertical surfaces and can survive for several months without food. However, they will not survive more than a few days without water.
How to control or treat cockroaches
To control or treat cockroaches, you may consider:
- Using monitoring boards. These are sticky traps so you can monitor the extent of a cockroach problem in certain areas. However, they're not recommended for controlling cockroaches.
- Cleaning all areas where cockroaches may be hiding. You should also remove food and water sources.
- Using a residual chemical application. This may need to be sprayed on floors and within cracks and crevices. A baiting programme will help give you continuous control over an extended period of time.