About the Core Strategy for the Local Plan
The Core Strategy for Rochdale borough was adopted on 19 October 2016. It's the lead document in the Local Plan.
All other documents that make up or support the Local Plan need to meet the vision, strategies and policies outlined in the Core Strategy.
The Core Strategy includes plans to help deliver:
- 460 new homes a year between 2012–2028.
- 210 hectares of employment land.
- The extension of the East Lancashire Railway to Castleton Station.
- Park and Ride facilities at train stations and Metrolink stops across the borough.
- Protection from development on certain land, such as the green belt, valued land, heritage assets and conservation areas.