Could you be a future town planner, librarian or social worker? How about the future chief executive of Rochdale Borough Council? There are many excellent careers available in local government and we're looking for our next intake of stars.
Our apprenticeships are open to anyone over the age of 16 – not just school leavers. They're available across the whole of the council.
How to apply
We recruit apprentices during the following months:
- December and January – for apprentices to start in March.
- May and June – for apprentices to start in September.
We advertise our apprenticeship vacancies on GOV.UK. Each vacancy includes the specific details of the role, including the entry requirements, how long the role will last, what qualification you'll receive and more.
Our apprenticeships offer you:
- Work-based skills
- Excellent work experience
- A competitive salary
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- On and off the job training
- Advice and guidance to help develop your career after the apprenticeship
Our apprentices have enjoyed huge successes, such as:
- Georgia Harden - she won Learner of the Year at the 2018 ACE Staff Awards.
- Chloe Johnson - she won the highly commended award in the Advanced Apprentice of the Year category at the 2019 North West Apprenticeship Awards, a Greater Manchester Rising Star award and the Young Employee of the Year Award at the 2018 ACE Staff Awards.