Gypsies and travellers

Report unauthorised sites

You should let us know if you noticed a gypsy or traveller encampment you think might be unauthorised. This includes sites on your land, private land or council land.

In an emergency, call 999 and then ring us to let us know about the encampment you wish to report:

  • Monday-Friday, 8.45am-4.45pm on 0300 303 8874
  • At all other times ring 0300 303 8875

What happens next?

We will:

  1. Visit the unauthorised encampment.
  2. Speak to the people making up the encampment and assess whether there are any health and welfare issues that we need to deal with.
  3. We will use the interim injunction or other powers to deal with the encampment. You can view a copy of this below or in person at Number One Riverside, Monday-Friday 9am-4pm.

View a copy of our interim injunction for unauthorised encampments

Read the government guidance for dealing with unauthorised camps

Gypsies and travellers related content