About this event
1 December 2023–19 February 2024. The Winter Mini Reading Challenge encourages children to keep up their reading habits over the winter holidays.
- Who is this event suitable for? Children between the ages of 4–11, although children of any age can participate.
- Do I need to book? No.
- Contact: email@example.com
- Event organiser: The Reading Agency
The Winter Mini Challenge is an online, bitesize version of our annual Summer Reading Challenge. This year’s theme sees the 6 characters continue their adventures from the Summer Reading Challenge as they have fun on a winter walk to the library and spark a love of reading even in the most reluctant of readers.
The Challenge encourages children to keep up their reading habits over the winter holidays.
How to take part in the Winter Mini Reading Challenge
If not already done so, you'll need to register your child on the Reading Challenge website.
Your child will then be able to access rewards and incentives for reading and reviewing books, as well as fun activities, videos and reading recommendations.
To take part in the Winter Mini Reading Challenge:
- Read 3 or more books – these can be any books of their choice
- After reading the books, they can add them to their profile on the challenge website and leave a short book review
- Once they've reached their reading goal, they'll unlock a virtual badge and a special certificate to print off and keep
Events and activities are not organised by Rochdale Borough Council unless stated otherwise. Neither is Rochdale Borough Council responsible for the accuracy of the information provided. If you are under 18, ask your parent/guardian before taking part in any event or activity.