Highways projection licence

Licence name
Highways projection licence

A Licence from us (Highways and Engineering Service)  is required to allow the construction of a building which extends or overhangs part of the highway. Applications must be in the form prescribed by us.


You must be a fit and proper person.

Each application will be evaluated on an individual basis.

How to apply

To apply for a licence contact the Licensing Unit using the link below.​

An annual fee will be charged to the owner of the building for administering the Licence. The fee/charge amount is available from the Highways and Engineering Service.

Does tacit consent apply?

No. It is in the public interest that the we must process your application before it can be granted.  If you have not heard  within a reasonable period, please contact us.

Appeals, complaints and redress

Any queries, complaints, comments or observations regarding an application should be forwarded in writing to the Highways and Engineering Service in the first instance.​