- Playing Pitch Strategy
This strategy has been developed through consultation with Sport England, the pitch sports National Governing Bodies, sports clubs, league associations, schools and colleges. It has been informed through a review of the borough’s sports pitches and ancillary facilities.
The strategy is set in the context of the Council’s community strategy and corporate plan and has close links with the Asset Strategy and Local Development Framework. It recognises the important contribution made by sport in the local economy and in delivering corporate objectives.
The key aims of the strategy are:
- An up to date audit and review of all the outdoor sports assets and outdoor facilities including those managed by others.
- A vision for the future improvement and prioritisation of playing pitches, including ancillary facilities.
- A series of recommendations that provide a strategic framework for the improvement, maintenance and development of the playing pitch stock.
- A series of sport-by-sport recommendations that provide a framework for sport led improvements to provision.
- A prioritised area-by-area action plan where action is deemed necessary.
The strategy focuses on the main pitch sports of cricket, football, hockey, lacrosse, rounders and rugby league.
- Document downloads
- Related content
- Document type