What we can do better
In December 2019, Friends of the Earth said Rochdale borough needs to work on the following areas.
You can see how we plan to target these areas in our Climate Change Strategy.
- 10 stretches of road have nitrogen dioxide levels which may soon exceed the legal limit.
- Only 37% of homes are well insulated.
- Only 12% of people commute by public transport. Only 1% cycle, 10% walk and 12% share their car.
- Only 5% of the area is woodland.
- There are only 10 public electric vehicle charging points.
- We only reuse, recycle or compost 48% of household waste, on average.