Accessing the information about your time in care can be daunting, exciting, exhilarating and nerve-wracking.
It can be life-changing or merely satisfy your curiosity. For many, it's a very positive and uplifting experience.
Request your records
Please make a Personal Information Request to access records from your time in care.
We usually charge a fee for making a Personal Information Request, however, this does not apply to care leavers.
Reasons for accessing your records
You do not need a reason to want to see information about your time in care - and we will not pry into the reasons why when you make your request.
However, there are many reasons why you may want to do this, including:
- Curiosity about why you came into care
- To find out what happened and when
- Wanting to make sense of difficult memories and life events
- To clarify explanations
- A desire to trace family members
- Seeking medical information in reference to hereditary illness or disease
- To obtain photos, letters or certificates
Legal information about your records
If you want more legal information about accessing your records, you can visit: