A name deed is a legal document that proves you have changed your name.
You can get a change of name deed from us if you're over the age of 18. In certain circumstances, we can also give a change of name deed to children under the age of 16.
Using your name deed
You can use a name deed to change your name with government departments, such as The Passport Agency and DVLA.
You do not need a name deed to start using a new name, but you'll need it to change official documents like your passport or driving licence.
Get a name deed
We provide a fast, efficient and personal service for completing your name deed at a very competitive price.
To get a change of name deed:
- Ring us to book an appointment.
- At your appointment, your name deed will be prepared and witnessed by a trained Registration Officer
- You'll receive your name deed at the end of your appointment.
- We keep a permanent record of your change of name deed and you'll be able to apply for replacement copies if you lose the original copy.
To make an appointment, ring 01706 924784
The price of your name deed depends on the type.
- Adult name deed - £60
- Child name deed - £65
- Family name deed - £198 for 2 adults and 2 children, £13 for each additional name change
Marriage and civil partnership name changes
You do not need a deed to take your spouse or civil partner’s surname.
You send a copy of your marriage or civil partnership certificate to record holders and your documents will be updated for free.