Only residents of the Rochdale borough should apply using our online service. If you live in another local authority and you wish to apply for a Rochdale school, you must apply to your own local authority, specifying your preferred Rochdale schools. Your local authority will inform us of your application.
If you wish to apply for an independent school, you'll need to apply directly to the school for a place, so you don't need to use our application form.
Things to remember when applying online
- Unless you've already registered in a previous year, you'll need to register for an account.
- You'll need a valid email address as part of the registration process.
- Check you've received the confirmation email, this will prove that the application has been received.
- Resubmit your application each time you log in to view or make any changes, otherwise your application won't be submitted. You'll receive a re-submission confirmation email each time you re-submit the application.
- You can get
FREE access to computers and the internet from any of the libraries across the Rochdale borough.
- The benefits of applying online include: you'll receive confirmation of receipt of your application form and the offer will be sent to you by email so you don't need to wait for a letter.
- For more guidance applying online, you can:
Apply for a secondary school place
Year 7 places for September 2019: apply for a year 7 secondary school place between Saturday, 1 September 2018 and Wednesday, 31 October 2018.
Late applications for September 2019: if you're applying for a year 7 school place between Thursday, 1 November 2018 and Saturday, 31 August 2019, you'll need to complete a late application form. Apply for a secondary school place after 31 October 2018 (2.7MB pdf).
Moving your child to another secondary school: if your child is already in secondary school and you wish to transfer them to a new school, please complete an in-year transfer form.
More about in-year transfers.
Children with special educational needs: if your child has an education, health and care (EHC) plan, please use the link above to register for an account and apply for a school place. The application form for applying for a school place for a child with an EHC plan is the same as those applying for a child without an EHC plan. However, the process for choosing and deciding on school places is different. View process for applying for a school place for children with an EHC plan
Step 4 - what happens after you apply for a secondary school place