Request and Collect is a service where:
- You tell us the
types of books you like to read.
- We'll choose a selection for you to borrow.
- You then pick up the books we've chosen from your selected library.
Who can use the service
Any library member can use the Request and Collect library book service. If you're not a member already, you can join now then use the service once you get your library membership card.
To use the library Request and Collect service:
- Complete the Request and Collect online form. Each person will need to complete a separate form using their personal details.
- Alternatively, you can ring us using the details on this page.
- We'll get the books ready for you and issue them to your library account.
- We'll contact you to let you know when they're ready to collect.
- You can then collect your books from the library you selected on the form.
- Please return your books as soon as you've finished them.
We aim to respond to your request as soon as possible. If you've not heard from us within 2 working days, please ring us using the contact details on this page.
Libraries you can collect and return books to
Please check on the individual library web pages to see if there are any additional changes before using the service.
You can choose to collect and return your books from any of the open libraries.
Once you're finished with the books:
- Drop your books off at one of the libraries listed in the section above.
- Place your returned books in the boxes labelled 'return boxes' inside your chosen library. Please do not put anything else in the boxes, such as plastic bags.
You can ask us to deliver your books only if you meet
all the following criteria:
You cannot leave your house due to health reasons or a disability.
- You do not have anyone else who can collect your books for you
Please ring us using the contact details on this page to request delivery.