Find out about the library's Request and Collect service, including what it is and how to use the service.
What is the Request and Collect service?
Request and Collect is a new service which allows library members to borrow books while the libraries are closed due to coronavirus.
- Tell us the
types of books you like to read,
- We'll choose a selection for you to borrow.
- You can then pick up the books we've chosen from your selected library.
Who can use the Request and Collect service?
Any library member can use the Request and Collect library book service. If you're not a member already, you can join now then use the service once you have your library membership card.
How do I request and collect library books?
To use the library Request and Collect service:
- Please complete the Request and Collect form below with as much information as you can, then email it to us using the contact details on this page. Each person will need to complete a separate form using their personal details.
- Alternatively, you can ring us using the details on this page.
- We'll get the books ready for you and issue them to your library account.
- We'll contact you to let you know when they're ready to collect. We'll aim to give you a 2-hour time slot for collection.
- You can then collect your books from the collection point outside the library you selected on the form.
- Please return your books as soon as you've finished them. You will
not be charged a fine for any overdue books during the coronavirus pandemic.
We'll aim to respond to your request as soon as possible. If you've not heard from us within 2 working days. please ring us using the contact details on this page.
Which libraries can I collect books from and return books to?
You can choose to collect and return your books from one of the following COVID-secure libraries. Please check on the individual library web pages to see if there are any additional changes before using the service.
How do I return the library books?
Once you're finished with the books:
- Please drop your books off at one of the libraries listed in the section above.
- Place your returned books in the boxes, near the library doors, labelled 'return boxes'. Please do not put anything else in the boxes, such as plastic bags.
If you've books which you borrowed before the coronavirus outbreak, you can also return these in the same boxes.
Can I use this service if I can't leave my house?
You can still use this service if you can't leave your house as we offer a limited delivery service.
You can ask us to deliver your books only if you meet
all the following criteria:
Please ring us using the contact details on this page to request delivery.
How are we making the Request and Collect service safer?
To make the Request and Collect service safer:
- We've carried out a full risk assessment for the Request and Collect service.
- We've given staff the required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- We've asked for social distancing to be observed at all times.
- We've created 2-hour time slots for customers to collect their books. This reduces the number of people at the library building at any one time.
- We'll quarantine books for 72 hours after they're returned and clean them before making them available for the next customer.