These rates apply from 1 April 2018.
On this page:
Fines for overdue, lost or damaged library items
How to avoid a library fine
If you can't get to the library to return an item on time, you can usually renew your loans to avoid paying a fine.
How to pay your library fine
You'll have to pay your library fine in person at any library across the borough. At all our libraries, you can pay your fine by cash or cheque. If you're paying by cheque, they should be made payable to Rochdale Borough Council. You should bring your library membership card with you to pay your fine.
How much are library fines in Rochdale borough?
If you don't return or renew the items your borrow by your return date, you'll have to pay an overdue fine. You'll also be fined if you lose or damage an item you borrow.
Adult overdue fine for each item: 20p a day
Maximum fine: £12 an item
Under 17s overdue fine: no charge for overdue items
Lost or damaged item fine: £2.10 admin fee in addition to the cost of the book
Audiobook and other audio loan fines:
Overdue fine for each item:10p a day
Lost or damaged audiobook:£1.40
Charges for library services
We've many different services available for you to use at your local library. You should check your local library page on this website to see what services are available at each library. Local libraries - find your nearest library to see what services they offer.
Library charges across the borough of Rochdale.
Borrowing a book: FREE
Reserving an item from the library catalogue: FREE
Borrowing a set of vocal scores: FREE
Borrowing an audiobook: from Friday, 1 June 2018 - Saturday, 1 December 2018, we're offering loans of all our audiobooks for FREE for all library members. Normally,it's £1 for each audiobook for a period of 3 weeks. There is no charge for customers registered blind or partially sighted or who have other special needs which mean they are unable to read printed books and customers of the Doorstep Library Service (housebound).
- Requesting an item we don't have in stock: £3.90
- Adult replacement library card: £2.50
- Under 17s replacement library card: £1.25
- A4 black and white printing and photocopying: 10p for each single sided page
- A3 black and white printing and photocopying: 20p for each single sided page
- A4 colour printing and photocopying: 40p for each single sided page
- A3 colour printing and photocopying: 70p for each single sided page
- Microprints and prints from ancestry.com: 90p for each print
- Postcard sized local history digital prints on photographic paper: £4
- A4 sized local history digital prints on photographic paper: £7.50
- A3 sized local history digital prints on photographic paper: £15
- First fax: £2, each fax after the first fax 60p
- Incoming fax: £1.40
- Meeting room hire charge: £18.50 an hour, we'll consider a reduced rate for community groups. Get in touch with us using the contact details on this page if you're interested in booking a library meeting room.