Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
  Non-Javascript users can confirm they have successfully signed out of MyAccount by clicking here

Emergency contact details

View emergency contact details for the council, street lighting faults, housing repairs, utilities and more. 

Council out of hours phone number

Phone lines open Monday 11am-11.30am; Monday-Friday 5.30pm-8.30am; and anytime weekends and bank holidays.

Call us for help with:

  • Social services - emergency help, homelessness, children or older people in need of protection or care, faulty lifts and hoists
  • Emergency work on highways - spills, subsidence, accidental damage, flooding, sewerage problems, gritting problems
  • Public emergency - dangerous buildings or damage to public buildings
  • Armed forces - emergency help
Call council out of hours on 0300 303 8875

Street lighting faults

Phone lines open everyday 5pm-8am. Call EON Emergency for:

  • Dangerous street lighting faults
  • Major street lighting faults
  • Damage to street lights from road accidents
Call EON Emergency on 0300 303 8881

Housing repairs

Phone lines open Monday-Friday 5pm-8am and all day Saturday and Sunday.

Call Rochdale Boroughwide Housing (RBH) for emergency repairs only.

 Call RBH on 0800 027 7769 or 01706 274100

Emergencies with utilities​

National Grid: 0800 111 999
Out of hours number for Rochdale Borough Council: 0300 303 8875
The National Grid website

United Utilities: 0800 195 4141
United Utilities website

Environment Agency Floodline: 0845 988 1188
Emergency hotline: 0800 80 70 60
Environment agency website.
More about flooding - including preparing for a flood and reporting a flood

Supplies: 0845 746 2200
Leakline - to report leaks on the road, footpath or in your garden: 0800 330 033
United Utilities website

Dangerous buildings, highway problems, environmental health:
0300 303 8879

Connect with us through social media

We generally monitor our social media accounts between Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, except on bank holidays.

Emergency services - police, fire and ambulance

You should dial 999 in an emergency to request the police, fire or ambulance service. 101 is the number to contact your local police when it's less urgent than a 999 call.