Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
  Non-Javascript users can confirm they have successfully signed out of MyAccount by clicking here

Work permits for children

​​​​​​​​​​​Businesses intending to employ school-aged children must apply for a child employment permit before they can be employed.

If a child's working without a child employment permit, there’s a risk the employer won’t be insured against
 accidents involving the child.

Children don’t need a work permit for work experience arranged by their school.

Application form for an employment licence (194kb pdf)​

Performance and stage licences for school age children

Application form for performance and stage licences for school age children (316kb pdf)


01706 925115

Phone: Monday-Friday 8.30am-4.45pm.