Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
  Non-Javascript users can confirm they have successfully signed out of MyAccount by clicking here

Child protection

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​This page p​rovides simple guidance about children who may need protection from harm.

Report a child at risk


Concerned that a child has suffered harm, neglect or abuse? Please call 0300 303 0440


In an emergency please contact the police.

When is a child at risk?​

You should contact us if you feel that:

  • A child needs protection – if you feel that a child is suffering harm, neglect or abuse, we can investigate and act to protect the child.
  • A family is under stress – we can offer support and advice and help families access support from other services.
  • A child is seriously ill or disabled – we can arrange an assessment of the child's and families needs and provide support.

Signs of abuse

There are a number of ways to identify if a child is suffering from abuse, ​neglect or may be in harms way.

Rochdale Borough Safeguarding Children Board

Rochdale Borou​gh Safeguarding Children Board​ is the key statutory mechanism for agreeing how organisations in Rochdale will co-operate to safeguard and promote the welfare​ of children in Rochdale.


0300 303 0440

Children's Social Care
Floor 4, Number One Riverside
Smith Street
Rochdale OL16 1XU​ 

White Ribbon award  


​​Out of hours emergencies
Monday-Friday and anytime weekends and Bank Holidays

0300 303 8875