If it's time for a de-clutter, you can easily offload your unwanted possessions in exchange for cash, or explore and bag yourself a bargain. There's a huge range of goods available at one of Greater Manchester's most popular outdoor car boot events.
Because it's run by us, you can be sure we've done all the right checks so you know you're buying and selling in a legal, safe environment.
Help us reduce delays on arrival
We do all we can to get vehicles onto site as quickly as possible. You can help too by doing the following:
- Sellers - we don't open our gates until 6am, so don't arrive too early. You won't get on site and will be waiting longer.
- Buyers - the buyers' car park opens at 6.15am. Please don't arrive more than 5 minutes before opening time.
- If you can, please bring exact change to pay on the gate. This will save us time and means everyone gets on site faster.
Warning - please use the official onsite car park
There's a residents only parking (permit holders) scheme on Lattrigg Crescent, which will be in force throughout the duration of each sale. Please don't park on Lattrigg Crescent as you could be issued with a fine.
2019 car boot sale dates
Check for cancellations
We want the day to be a great experience for both buyers and sellers so we keep a close eye on the weather. In the event of a poor forecast we will cancel on the evening before the sale. If bad weather is forecast, we’ll announce the cancellation by 6pm the day before. Visit our
Bowlee Facebook page, check
@RochdaleCouncil on Twitter or call 07812 082 826 to see if it's being held.
If you're selling
No need to book. Just turn up and pay at the gate. Prices for selling:
Estate vehicles, small vans, people carriers, 4x4s: £20
Large transit van upwards: £25
Arrive early to get yourself a good spot.
We do let sellers onto the site before the buyers and we allow as much time as we can before letting buyers enter the site. However, when the event is very busy we need to reduce congestion and queues by allowing vehicles into the buyers' car park.
Car boot seller terms and conditions for advice on who can sell, what can be sold and more.
Please note, sellers must take all their rubbish home when leaving the site.
The buyers' car park at Bowlee is located within the park. £2.50 per vehicle to park. The car park opens from 6.15am on car boot days.
- Extra entrances for buyers and sellers to alleviate queues at peak times.
- Portable toilets are located on site. There are also additional customer toilets located in the Pavilion at the entrance.
Keep up to date on social media
Search for us on Twitter using
#BowleeCarBoot and share photos of your purchases using