Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Bowlee car boot sale and market update
Due to the coronavirus pandemic we must follow government rules around public gatherings. We've, therefore, taken the difficult decision to cancel the remaining planned dates in 2020.
We expect to be able to return in 2021 and plan to announce our dates in early 2021.
If it's time for a de-clutter, you can easily offload your unwanted possessions in exchange for cash, or explore and bag yourself a bargain. There's a huge range of goods available at one of Greater Manchester's most popular outdoor car boot events.
Because it's run by us, you can be sure we've done all the right checks so you know you're buying and selling in a legal, safe environment.
Watch video on YouTube (42 secs)
Help us reduce delays on arrival
We do all we can to get vehicles onto site as quickly as possible. You can help too by doing the following:
Sellers - we don't open our gates until 6am, so don't arrive too early. You won't get on site and will be waiting longer.
Buyers - the buyers' car park opens at 6.15am. Please don't arrive more than 5 minutes before opening time.
- If you can, please bring exact change to pay on the gate. This will save us time and means everyone gets on site faster.
Warning - please use the official onsite car park
There's a residents only parking (permit holders) scheme around Latrigg Crescent and the surrounding area which will be in force throughout the duration of each sale.
Please use the official onsite car park or you could be issued with a fine.
2021 car boot sale dates
Our next season will begin in the Spring 2021 and we're hoping to announce the dates in February.
Check for cancellations
We want the day to be a great experience for both buyers and sellers so we keep a close eye on the weather. In the event of a poor forecast we will cancel on the evening before the sale. If bad weather is forecast, we’ll announce the cancellation by 6pm the day before. Visit our
Bowlee Facebook page, check
@RochdaleCouncil on Twitter or call 07812 082 826 to see if it's being held.
If you're selling
No need to book. Just turn up and pay at the gate. Prices for selling:
Estate vehicles, small vans, people carriers, 4x4s: £20
Large transit van upwards: £25
Arrive early to get yourself a good spot.
We do let sellers onto the site before the buyers and we allow as much time as we can before letting buyers enter the site. However, when the event is very busy we need to reduce congestion and queues by allowing vehicles into the buyers' car park.
Car boot seller terms and conditions for advice on who can sell, what can be sold and more.
Please note, sellers must take all their rubbish home when leaving the site.
The buyers' car park at Bowlee is located within the park. £2.50 per vehicle to park. The car park opens from 6.15am on car boot days.
- There's a new drop off and pick up point for buyers near the entrance to speed up access.
- Discounted parking passes are available for regular buyers. The pass costs £18 and allows you to park a maximum of 10 times. You can buy one from a member of staff at the entrance to the car park.
- Portable toilets are located on site. There are also additional customer toilets located in the Pavilion at the entrance.
Parking pass terms and conditions
- The parking pass is valid during the 2020 season only.
- The fee must be paid upon purchase and is non-refundable.
- The parking pass is only valid for one vehicle on any one date.
- Parking passes are individually numbered and a record of the holder is taken at the time of purchase.
- Re-selling of the parking pass is not permitted.
Keep up to date on social media
Search for us on Twitter using
#BowleeCarBoot and share photos of your purchases using
Get in touch
If you can’t find the answer to your question, or if you’ve got an idea or would like to give us feedback about the event, email
email@example.com or call 0300 303 8884.
Events and activities are not organised by Rochdale Borough Council unless stated otherwise. Neither is Rochdale Borough Council responsible for the accuracy of the information provided. If you are under 18, ask your parent/guardian before taking part in any event or activity.