Libraries accessibility statement
This accessibility statement applies to rochdale.spydus.co.uk.
This website is run by Rochdale Borough Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, this means you should be able to:
- Understand the page name as our web pages have page titles that clearly describe their topic or purpose.
- Use the website more easily as we have a logical navigation order.
- Use the content page structure as it's presented and maintained in a meaningful sequence.
- Use descriptive links on our website so they can be read out of context and users know where they will go next.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- There is a colour contrast issue with disabled elements.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 01706 647474
- Write to: Customer Services, Number One Riverside, Smith Street, Rochdale OL16 1XU
When contacting us please tell us:
- The web address (URL) of the content.
- Your name and email address.
- The format you need, for example, audio CD, braille or large print.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you within 5 working days.
If you cannot view the map on our 'contact us' page, call or email us for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0300 303 8876
- Write to: Library Service, Rochdale Borough Council, Number One Riverside, Smith Street, Rochdale OL16 1XU.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We provide a text relay service for people who are deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
If you contact us before your visit we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
Call or email us to contact us.
Technical information about this website's accessibility
Rochdale Borough Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Success criterion 1.4.3: Contrast (minimum)
There is a minor colour contrast issue with disabled elements. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.4.3 (Contrast - minimum).
We've assessed the cost of fixing the following issues. We believe that doing so now would be a disproportionate burden within the meaning of the accessibility regulations.
- There are no issues that are currently being listed as being assessed as a disproportionate burden within the meaning of the accessibility regulations.
Content that's not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
There is no content on this website outside the scope of the accessibility regulations.
What we're doing to improve accessibility
Our accessibility roadmap shows how and when we plan to improve accessibility on this website. Our roadmap includes:
- Our supplier's development team aim to fix the issue with colour contrast in the next update. This is expected to be launched between October–December 2021.
This website is maintained by a third party and so this is an issue we're unable to fix ourselves.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on Monday, 1 October 2020. It was last reviewed on Wednesday, 13 January 2021.
This website was last tested in September 2020. The test was carried out by our supplier in accordance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Evaluation Methodology (WCAG-EM).