The special educational needs (SEN) process

Step 3 - assessing your child

If your child isn't making progress in their learning, the SEN co-ordinator at your school may request for us to carry out an education, health and care (EHC) needs assessment.

You can also request an EHC needs assessment yourself if you're worried about your child's progress.

The assessment will help us to work out what kind of special educational needs your child has and whether they'll need an EHC plan. It may include interviews, observations, tests or a medical.

More about EHC plans and assessments