Social, emotional and mental health needs for children

What to do if you're concerned

If you're concerned about your child’s behaviour, you should:

  • Contact your GP or health visitor - they're experienced in child development and can refer you to the right services. Find contact details for your local health service
  • Talk to your child's school - they can make a referral for your child to attend services that offer support and advice regarding children and young people with social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs.