SEN education provision for young people aged 16-25

Appeal a decision

If the panel rejects an application for High-Level Need Funding, the young person, parent, carer or education provider can appeal by submitting further evidence for consideration at a panel meeting. 

This has to be made in writing to: 

Assistant Director
Early Help and Schools
Number One Riverside
Floor 4
Smith Street
Rochdale OL16 1XU 

What happens if my appeal is rejected?

If the panel meeting rejects the appeal, the young person, parent, carer or educational provider can then ask for the case to be reviewed by the Independent Appeals Panel.

The Independent Appeals Panel consists of the Assistant Director for Early Help and Schools, the Head of Special Educational Needs and Children with Disabilities and a senior officer from Children and Adult Social Care to ensure consistency of the decision-making process.