Report abandoned vehicles

Report an abandoned vehicle

How to report an abandoned vehicle.

  1. If you suspect a vehicle has been abandoned on the highway, please report it to the police on 101.
  2. If the vehicle is not damaged then check if it has been taxed or got an MOT on GOV.UK. Check if a vehicle is taxed at GOV.UK
  3. If the vehicle is not taxed then you can report it directly and anonymously to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA). Report an untaxed vehicle to the DVLA
  4. If the vehicle has no MOT then please report it to the police on 101.
  5. If the vehicle is parked on public land, is in a dangerous place or is badly damaged then please report it to us using the form below. Please give as much useful information as possible such as:
    • The vehicle's registration number
    • Make and model of the vehicle
    • Colour of the vehicle
    • Location of the vehicle
    • The time it can be seen on the public road

Report an abandoned vehicle on public land