About government planning policies
The National Planning Policy Framework sets out the government's planning policies for England.
- Information about the planning system and how it works
- How we should prepare the Local Plan and how we should deal with planning applications
- Rules for developing in areas at risk of flooding
- How Neighbourhood Plans should be prepared
- Advice on sustainable developments and how we should favour these types of applications
The government published its planning policy and guidelines online at GOV.UK in March 2012. It was then updated in July 2018.