To get help after an emergency or traumatic event:
- Speak to your doctor
- Contact NHS 111 – view emergency and urgent care services
- Support groups and organisations
- Victim Support – helping people cope and recover from the impact of the crime
Who needs support after an incident?
Many people will likely be affected by a major incident, such as:
- The survivors of the incident
- Relatives of survivors
- Relatives of those who died
- People involved in the response
How long will I need support?
Most people will need trauma support immediately after an incident for a short time to recover enough to return to some kind of normality.
However, some people will need a higher level of trauma for months after the incident and a few will continue to need this support for many years.