- Deferred Payments Policy
Our Deferred Payment Policy gives an explanation and guidance on when a deferred payment should be used.
It'll affect those people who need residential care and are unable to pay their assessed contribution because they own property that hasn't yet been sold.
It's not relevant to community-based services.
This policy may be useful for:
- Residential service users who'd like to be considered for a deferred payment agreement.
- Carers supporting service users who'd like to be considered for the deferred payment scheme.
- Staff involved in deferred payment processes, including:
- Adult care and support services - care managers and support planners.
- Customer and community services - financial assessment and debt recovery.
- Legal services.
- Document downloads
- Document last updated
- Monday, 20 March 2023
- Document type