Set up Direct Debit payments
How to set up Direct Debit payments online
You'll need to have a MyAccount to set up your Direct Debit online.
- Sign in or register for MyAccount using the link below.
- Add your Council Tax account, if you haven't already done so. You'll need your 8 digit Council Tax reference number which you can find on your bill. You'll also need to answer a few security questions.
- From your online Council Tax account, follow the link to set up your Direct Debit.
- Have your bank or building society details ready: account holder name, bank or building society name, account number, and sort code.
How to set up Direct Debit payments by phone
You can call Council Tax services using the contact details on this page to set up a Direct Debit.
Before you call, you'll need to have ready:
- Your 8-digit Council Tax reference number which you can find on your bill.
- Your bank or building society details: account holder name, bank or building society name, account number, and sort code.
Dates for Direct Debit payments
Direct Debit is the only payment where you can choose from the following payment dates:
- Weekly on a Friday
- Fortnightly on a Friday
- Every 4 weeks on a Friday
- 10 monthly normally during April to January on 1, 9, 15, 19 or 25 of the month
- 12 monthly on 1, 9, 15, 19 or 25 of the month
- Quarterly on 9 April, 9 July, 9 October and 9 January
- Half-yearly on 9 April and 9 October
- Annually on 9 April
View or change your payment date
You can view or change your Direct Debit payment date at any time using MyAccount.
If you're not registered for MyAccount, you'll need to register and add your Council Tax account. You'll need your 8-digit Council Tax reference number which you can find on your bill.