Council Tax account and balance enquiries

You need a MyAccount to check your Council Tax balance.

  1. Sign in or register for MyAccount.
  2. Add your Council Tax account, if you haven't already done so. You'll need your 8-digit Council Tax reference number which you can find on your bill. You'll also need to answer a few security questions.
  3. From your online Council Tax account, follow the link to check your Council Tax balance.

Sign in or register for MyAccount to view your Council Tax balance

I can't find my Council Tax reference number

If you pay Council Tax at your current address, but don't know your Council Tax reference number, get in touch with Council Tax services using the contact details on this page. We'll send you a duplicate bill with your reference number on it.

If you don't have a Council Tax bill for your current address, or if you've recently moved into the borough, you need to tell us that you've changed your address.

Once you've got your Council Tax bill with the reference number on it, you can sign up for e-Billing.

I want to change the name on my Council Tax bill

If you want to change the name on your Council Tax bill, please get in touch with Council Tax services using the contact details on this page.

Sign up for Direct Debit payments

If you're not already paying by Direct Debit, why not make the switch?  

It's the quickest, safest and easiest way to pay your Council Tax. You always pay the correct amount at the right time without the need to remember when payments are due.