Make a change to a Premises Licence

Changing a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)

Any premises which are licensed to sell alcohol can only sell alcohol when there's a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) who is named on your Premises Licence. This person must hold a valid Personal Licence.

If your Designated Premises Supervisor stops working at your premises or no longer holds a valid Personal Licence, you must nominate a new DPS.

Who can apply to change a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)?

The Premises Licence holder must complete the application form to change the DPS.

However, the new Designated Premises Supervisor will need to complete a consent form for you to include with your application.

How do I apply to change a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)?

To apply to change the DPS listed on your Premises Licence:

  1. Complete the change of DPS application form below.
  2. You'll also need the following along with your completed application form:
    • A completed DPS consent form completed by the new Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS).
    • The original Premises Licence or an explanation as to why the original licence can't be returned.
    • The change of DPS fee of £23 as a cheque. Alternatively, you can pay by credit or debit over the phone or in person using the details on this page
  3. Send your completed form to us (Rochdale Borough Council) using the details on this page and GM Police at or Divisional HQ, The Holme, The Esplanade, Rochdale OL16 1AG.
  4. The police have 14 days from receiving your application to comment or object to your application:
    • If we don't receive any objections, the change of DPS will take place with immediate effect, unless you requested a specific date on your application.
    • If we do receive an objection, we'll notify you of the comments and arrange a hearing to consider the objections.

Download the Change of DPS application form

Download the DPS consent form

Appeal a change of Premises Licence decision

If your application is unsuccessful, please contact us in the first instance using the contact details provided on this page.

If you disagree with our decision, your appeal must be made to the local magistrates' court within 21 days.