New and established business support
Here is some of the financial support available to start-ups and established businesses.
- Business growth loans - we're working in partnership with GC Business Finance, part of Manchester Growth Company, to provide a range of business growth loans.
- Business Finance Solutions: - Government backed finance products for you and your business.
- Business finance and support finder: - GOV.UK guides your search to find business finance, including government grants and publicly-backed finance and loans.
- Innovation Voucher Scheme for Greater Manchester based for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) - enables eligible SMEs to apply for up to £5,000 matched funding (minimum £3,000) to access specialist facilities within research institutes to accelerate the development of innovative products and services. Collaborative partnerships can be developed with a Greater Manchester University or a recognised research organisation nominated by the applicant. Activities that can be funded include product testing; product design; research and development; knowledge transfer and consultancy.
- Greater Manchester Social Investment - funding for social enterprises - offers affordable and accessible loan finance for small social enterprises, businesses with social impact and charities that trade. Organisations can apply for £10,000 - £50,000 of flexible unsecured finance to be repaid over 1-5 years. Each investment combines grants with loans to help smaller organisations, including very new organisations, that have the potential to add more value to local communities and grow their social impact.