As part of the 'Giving Back' Christmas toy appeal, you can donate gifts so local children living in poverty have a present to open on Christmas Day.
This appeal is run by the council's staff-run charity 'Giving Back'.
You can drop off or send in presents until Friday, 9 December 2022.
Presents you can give
You can donate any toy or gift which is:
- Not gift wrapped
- Suitable for a child aged 0–16 years old
We'd particularly welcome presents for teenagers as we don't usually receive as many for this age group.
How to donate
There are 3 ways to donate a toy or gift to the appeal:
- In-person - you can drop off your presents at any of the venues listed below. Please only drop off gifts during the venue's opening times.
- Any library in Rochdale borough – find the opening times and address of your local library.
- Heywood Civic Centre – view Heywood Civic Centre opening times and address.
- Littleborough Sports Centre – view Littleborough Sports Centre opening times and address.
- Middleton Arena – view Middleton Arena opening times and address.
- Touchstones Rochdale – view Touchstones Rochdale opening times and address.
- Browns Jewellers, Rochdale – view Browns Jewellers' opening times and address
- Northern Employment Services, Rochdale - view address
- Rochdale Football Club at the Crown Oil Arena – view the Crown Oil Arena opening times and address
- Rochdale Riverside, Management Office, first floor – view address
- The Works, Rochdale – view The Works, Rochdale opening times and address
- In the post - if you can't get to one of the drop-off points in Rochdale borough, you can post your gift to us instead.
- Ordering online - you've also got the option to order a gift online and have it delivered straight to the appeal.
Address for posting your gifts or ordering online
Giving Back – Christmas Toy Appeal
Number One Riverside
Rochdale OL16 1XU.
Support for the Christmas toy appeal
In 2021 you donated over 6,000 toys, which council staff, schools and partners in the voluntary sector distributed to local children.
You've helped provide some much-needed festive cheer for thousands of children and teenagers, donating over 25,000 toys since the appeal began in 2014.
Local businesses that support the Christmas toy appeal
Rochdale Giving Back Christmas Toy Appeal would like to say thank you to the local businesses for supporting the Christmas toy appeal:
This appeal is run by the Rochdale ‘Giving Back’ charity, supported by Rochdale Borough Council. The council does not endorse the organisations supporting the toy appeal, the views they express or the products or services they offer.