The Core Strategy for Rochdale borough was adopted on 19 October 2016. It's the lead document in the Local Plan. All other documents that make up or support the Local Plan need to meet the vision, strategies and policies outlined in the Core Strategy.
The Core Strategy includes plans to help deliver:
- 460 new homes a year between 2012-2028.
- 210 hectares of employment land.
- The extension of the East Lancashire Railway to Castleton Station.
- Park and Ride facilities at train stations and Metrolink stops across the borough.
- Protection from development on certain land, such as the green belt, valued land, heritage assets and conservation areas.
How can I view the Core Strategy?
You can view the whole strategy below.
You can also view a paper copy of the Core Strategy in person at Number One Riverside and all libraries in the borough.
What other plans are included in the Core Strategy?
Other plans which also make up the Core Strategy are: