This page sets out how we work with the traveller community and deal with unauthorised encampments.
Authorised gypsy and traveller sites
We provide a managed traveller site at Roch Vale Caravan Park, Rochdale. Tenancies are granted by Rochdale Boroughwide Housing (RBH).
How to report an unauthorised gypsy and traveller encampment
If you've noticed a gypsy or traveller encampment you think might be unauthorised, whether this is on your land, private land, council land, or you're not sure, you should:
In an emergency, call 999 and then
- Ring us to let us know about the encampment you wish to report:
- Monday-Friday, 8.45am-4.45pm on 0300 303 8874
- At all other times ring 0300 303 8875
What happens after you report an unauthorised traveller encampment?
- Visit the unauthorised encampment.
- Speak to the people making up the encampment and assess whether there are any health and welfare issues that we need to deal with.
- We will use the interim injunction or other powers to deal with the encampment.