The key aims and objectives of the Housing Allocation Policy are to:
- Contribute to the development of sustainable communities.
- Maximise the use of housing stock within the borough.
- Assist the council and its partners in meeting statutory duties and corporate aims.
- Prevent people becoming statutory homeless.
- Meet national, regional, sub regional and local priorities.
- Provide flexible and affordable accommodation options which meet needs and expectations.
- Maximise choice for applicants.
- Make the housing process and its policies more accessible to customers.
- Let council and other registered provider's accommodation fairly and in an open and transparent way.
- Meet responsibilities towards the borough's residents.
- Minimise property void periods.
- Seek to promote social inclusion.
- Promote and achieve equality of opportunity.
Please note this policy is currently under review.