Links to external sites
We are not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites, their products or services. Listing should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of linked pages.
We are not responsible for the content of external sites because:
- We do not produce them or maintain and update them
- We cannot change them
- They can be changed without our knowledge or agreement
We do not enter into reciprocal link agreements. We will try to respond to link requests but, due to the number that we receive, we cannot guarantee this, especially where the requested link does not satisfy the criteria below.
What we consider when linking to a site
Our consideration criteria includes the following elements.
Is the site:
- Relevant to specific content on this site or to the Council as a whole
- Accessible in accordance with W3C's Web Accessibility Initiative
- Following current usability guidance
- Up-to-date, authoritative and free from 'under construction' messages
- Free from offensive material
- Free from any political bias
- Free from religious bias
- Free to access
- A government organisation, public organisation, charity or other publicly known and trusted organisation
- Transparent with respect to its ownership, funding and purposes
- 'Best in breed' - does another site do the same job better?
In relation to requests for links, the Digital Services Team's decision will be final.
Linking to this site
You do not need permission to link to us though we would like to hear from you if you do.
Links made to the Rochdale Borough Council website should not infer any endorsement or partnership by us of your site, its services or its products.
Using our logo
The Rochdale Borough Council logo is subject to copyright law and you must seek our permission before using it in any links to this site.