Private day nurseries are mostly run as a private business
looking after children between the ages of 6 weeks to 5
years old. Some are based in children's centres and workplaces.
Opening hours can vary, but are typically Monday to Friday from 7am to 7pm.
A private day nursery might be for you if
- You need childcare virtually all year round.
- Your hours fit with their opening times.
- You want your child to have access to different toys, equipment
- Your child is ready for new experiences.
Ofsted regularly inspects all
private day nurseries, to assess their strengths and highlight
areas for improvement.
- Every private day nursery has a URN (Unique Reference
Go to the Ofsted site and enter the URN to search for their