- Pioneering Creativity Strategy
Rochdale Borough boasts a rich heritage and growing cultural assets which offer real opportunities to inspire pride and a positive external profile. Its role at the beating heart of the industrial revolution has left behind great architecture, unique museum and art collections and a way of working that went on to inspire the world.
Culture and creativity can contribute positively to areas such as health, place-making and the economy and this strategy, which has been developed following wide consultation, aims to:
- Create and champion an ambitious cultural narrative for the borough, drawn from its distinctive heritage and people and looking forward to its place within the city region and beyond.
- Capitalise on culture as an opportunity to improve the health and wellbeing of residents across the borough.
- Ensure culture and creativity is inclusive, relevant and accessible to everyone regardless of age, background or ability.
- Support the creative participation, exploration and talents of children and young people through a dynamic Local Cultural Education Partnership.
- Deliver a positive economic impact through resilient and skilled culture and creative industries, venues, organisations, leaders, artists and creatives.
- Reimagine town centres, grow cultural tourism and leisure and increase the visitor economy.
- Document downloads
- Document last updated
- Monday, 17 January 2022
- Document type