Education, health and care (EHC) plans and assessments

Getting an EHC plan

Before your child can get an EHC plan, they need to have been identified as having special educational needs.

Your child will already be receiving SEN support from their school.

My child is not receiving SEN support in school

If your child has not been identified as having SEN or isn't being supported in their school, view the process for identifying special educational needs.

My child is receiving SEN support in school

If your child has been receiving SEN support in school but is not making adequate progress, then an EHC plan might help to identify what specialist support they need.

Your child will need to have an assessment to determine whether they need an EHC plan or not.