How to apply
It's free to apply for listed building consent.
You'll need to:
- Check if your building is listed.
- To make sure you have everything you need to apply - read our help and guidance.
- Follow the link to apply for listed building consent through the Planning Portal.
- On the Planning Portal website, select 'Start a planning application'.
- Fill in the application name and the address of the listed building then select next.
- Choose application type 'listed building consent' from the drop-down menu then select next.
- Complete the application form. It will then be sent to us automatically to review.
What happens next?
Once you've submitted the application form:
- We'll contact you if there are any important documents or information missing from your application.
- We aim to make a decision on your application within 8-12 weeks.
- If we approve your request, we'll send you an approval letter. You'll be able to begin work on your listed building immediately unless we outline any restrictions in your approval letter.
- If we refuse your application, we'll contact you to discuss the reasons why and what you can do next.