Browse, borrow or reserve eMagazines
You can read full digital copies of your favourite magazines on your computer or mobile device. To borrow an eMagazine, you must be a member of the library.
You can borrow an unlimited number of magazines for up to 3 weeks. If you wish to keep a magazine for longer, you can renew it.
How to download and read eMagazines on the Libby app
To download and read eMagazines:
- You need your library card number to create an account. If you're not already a library member, you can join the library online and use your membership number to access eMagazines straight away.
- Using Apple or Android devices: to view eMagazines on a mobile device, download the Libby app.
Apple Store Libby App
Google Play Libby App
Unfortunately, the Libby app may not work correctly if you're using some older Android devices. This is because Google doesn't update the operating system. If you're experiencing problems, our supplier recommends you use a newer device to read eMagazines.
- Using Amazon Fire devices: to get eMagazines on your Amazon Fire device, download the OverDrive app from Amazon.
- Using laptops or computers: if you're using Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Microsoft Edge, you can search and read eMagazines on the website.
- When you open the Libby app for the first time, follow the instructions on the screen to find Rochdale Libraries. Then you'll need to sign in using your library membership card number and 4-digit PIN. If you've just joined, you can use your temporary membership number in place of your library membership card number.
- You can then explore the range of eMagazines and borrow titles straight away. Click on a magazine to open and start reading. There's no need to reserve eMagazines as there's no limit to the number of users who can read them at the same item.
- Borrowed items appear in the 'Shelf' section. You can quickly view the last eMagazine you were reading by selecting the 'Current Read' button.
- Loans are automatically returned on their due date, so you never need to worry about late fees. You can select 'Manage Loan' to see the options for each title, such as renewing or returning early.
- If you've got any questions about using the Libby app, visit their support page to view their user guide, find answers to frequently asked questions or submit a question online. Libby app support.