A great place to work
- Flexible work arrangements to give you a good work-life balance.
- Fair and competitive salaries.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Generous leave.
- Local government pension scheme.
- Subsidised parking permit.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Secondment opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Programme - a staff benefit designed to help you deal with any personal or professional problems which could be impacting your wellbeing.
- And many other benefits which local government employees may be entitled to - check individual vacancies for further information.
Find a job with Rochdale Borough Council
The multi-award-winning Number One Riverside, Rochdale.
Join a winning team
- An innovative organisation, we won the national MJ Achievement Award for Digital Transformation in 2018. This reflects the work we've done delivering our services online. In 2022 our website achieved first place in the Sitemorse UK Local Government INDEX; areas of performance measured include compliance, accessibility and quality.
- Since 2017, our pioneering work in children's social care is nationally recognised with a bespoke continuous personal development programme not seen anywhere else.
- We're also leading the way in social work with our innovative ACT (Achieving Change Together) programme.
- We work closely with a wide range of partners for the benefit of the borough and its residents, including One Rochdale (health), the Northern Care Alliance, Pennine Care, the Police, Fire and Ambulance service.
See more awards and recognition
The multi-award-winning, modern and stylish council offices and library building, Number One Riverside, has been named the Best Corporate Workplace in the UK. With a focus on people, passion and pride, you'll be working in a dynamic and flexible environment. We'll give you the opportunities to develop your career and make a positive difference in people's lives.
Video about working in the borough
Rochdale borough offers the best of urban and rural life. This video highlights some of the benefits of working in the borough.
We signed the Armed Forces Community Covenant in 2012. We've since been nationally recognised by the Ministry of Defence, Royal British Legion and others for introducing pioneering changes to support armed forces personnel and their families back into civilian life.