A great place to work
- Flexible work arrangements to give you a good work-life balance.
- Fair and competitive salaries.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Generous leave.
- Local government pension scheme.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Secondment opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Programme - a staff benefit designed to help you deal with any personal or professional problems which could be impacting your wellbeing.
- And many other benefits which local government employees may be entitled to - check individual vacancies for further information.
The multi-award-winning, modern and stylish council offices and library building, Number One Riverside, has been named the Best Corporate Workplace in the UK. With a focus on people, passion and pride, you'll be working in a dynamic and flexible environment. We'll give you the opportunities to develop your career and make a positive difference in people's lives.
We signed the Armed Forces Community Covenant in 2012. We've since been nationally recognised by the Ministry of Defence, Royal British Legion and others for introducing pioneering changes to support armed forces personnel and their families back into civilian life.