Report someone at risk of being homeless

Report or refer someone at risk of being homeless

To report someone at risk of being homeless:

  1. Get consent from the person or people you want to report.
  2. If they don't give their consent, you can't report them to us. However, you may wish to tell them about some of the local support services listed on this page.
  3. If they give you their consent, you should then ask them which council they want you to refer them to. You can refer them to any council in Greater Manchester.

Refer someone to Rochdale Borough Council

Local help and support: the sooner someone at risk of being homeless seeks help, the more likely it is they can avoid becoming homeless. You may wish to tell the person at risk of being homeless about any of the following local places where they can find help and support:

Support we offer: if you refer someone to us, the support we offer will be aimed at their individual circumstances and needs. This support could include:

  • Undertaking an assessment to see what help we can give.
  • Giving advice about how to apply for housing or find accommodation.
  • Completing a full housing assessment, including accessing specialist support.  

How to report someone to Rochdale Borough Council:

  1. In an emergency use the contact details on this page to refer someone at risk of being homeless.
  2. Complete our online referral form
  3. We'll prioritise referrals and contact you as soon as possible. If you don't hear from us within 5 working days, please email us using the contact details on this page.

Refer someone to another council in Greater Manchester

Each council in Greater Manchester will offer their own support to the person you refer. You should check that council's website for the services they offer.